Volunteering NZ’s 2017 annual national conference will be held on the 30th of October in Auckland.
The conference features inspiring and thoughtful speakers from New Zealand, the UK, and Australia.
Click on the images below to learn more about our speakers for the day.
Shawn started his career in technology with companies such as Oracle and IBM but realised, at the end of the day, it was the human factors that determined the success of any enterprise.
In 2004 he founded Anecdote, a firm that helps leaders and sellers find and tell great oral stories.
Shawn is based in Melbourne and works with Global 1,000 companies such as Shell, Danone, Microsoft, TESCO, Allianz and Bayer all around the world.
Dr Stephanie Pride
Presented by Rob Jackson
Rob Jackson will help you to help your senior leadership team gain a new perspective on contemporary volunteering.
From setting a clear philosophy of volunteering, to measuring the contribution of volunteers, this interactive session will give you some tools and strategies to help you effect change in your organisation.
Registrations are now open. Fill out the form below to attend. Early bird prices currently apply.
Good variety of speakers, with a great theme running through the whole day
Well organised; the speakers were excellent and I really enjoyed the day. Thank you
Loved the format and speakers. Very relevant subjects and it was great to meet others in the same industry.
Please note, while the following speakers have been confirmed, their sessions may pivot slightly to fit the flow of the whole day.
A welcome by Rawiri David Wharemate (Kaumatua) and Cissy Rock (Community Think)
9:10State of Volunteering In NZ
A discussion about the state of volunteering in New Zealand by Scott Miller (VNZ)
Delivered by the Minister for the Community and Voluntary Sector (tentative)
“Stop being so bloody nice” – Rob Jackson
Vital to the success of your day
- Stream A: Creating cooperative Relationships;
- Presented by Barbara Jaques (BJ Projects)
- Stream B: IHC – Linking vision to action
- Presented by Sue Kobar (National Manager Volunteering) and Janine Stewart (Chief Operating Officer)
- Stream C: Gamifying volunteering in 2017
- Presented by Ben Brown (International Volunteer HQ)
- Leading migrant volunteers, facilitated by Cathy Aiavao (VNZ)
- Panelists: TBC
- Leading student volunteers, facilitated by Cissy Rock (Community Think)
- Panelists: Sze-En Watts (UniCrew), Sam Johnson (SVA), and Karen Smith (VNZ)
- Leading the profession into the future, facilitated by Wendy Rapana (VNZ)
- Panelists: TBC
- Janice Lee (Koha Kai) – Trustpower Community 2017 Supreme Award Winners
- Two more speakers to be confirmed.. watch this space..!
Shaw Callahan (Anecdote International Pty Ltd): Putting stories to work